Miss Makena...
My daughter...a word I did not think I would ever utter. It is still beyond me how we got so lucky to experience the joy of having a girl! I enjoy my boys so very much and I knew that I would be ok to have another. But the moment the doctor told me "You now have a girl!" it put me in a tizzy. Besides the fact that I cried tears of joy all day long, made the doctor tell me numerous times throughout my pregnancy that it was still indeed a girl and again asked when she was finally born "It really is a girl???" I STILL find myself amazed that I have a daughter.
I am fully aware of the extra responsibilty this puts on me as a mother. But I am also aware of the special girly things we will share and cannot wait! I appreciate my own mom more and understand our relationship better. So yes, as Darren says...I do hold on to her a little tighter...cuddle her a little more...maybe because she is our last child or maybe because I want to ensure that she knows how very special she is. She is my partner in this family of boys and I love it!
I never thought I would have a daughter...never in a million years.....
Happy First Birthday Makena!!
No comments:
Post a Comment